Major Malfunction!

If you come upon a post and wonder why there's a weird black box with an exclamation mark in it, you may want to read this post to find out what has gone wrong. Still trying to figure out how to fix it all, without having to do each post manually. Until then, the black boxes remain. I thank you for your understanding. If you know someone that can help me, PLEASE send them my way!

January 20, 2013

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

It appears that I have missed a few holidays around these parts.  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season with your friends and family!

We had a mellow Halloween compared to years past. We didn't really decorate, other than what my MIL did. We didn't hand out glow stick necklaces and we didn't build anything to scare the kids. In fact, we didn't carve pumpkins either. I do have a 'pumpkin story' to share but that will have to wait till another day. I can laugh about it now, but at the time? Not so much.

Thanksgiving, hmmm, what did we do for Thanksgiving?  Seems so long ago.  Oh, I think we went to my dad's house for a little bit and then we went to my sister's for a bit and then we ended up at my sister-in-law's for the final meal.  Lots of food that day, but isn't that how it always is?  It was good to see all the family.

Christmas time is always busy, busy, busy too.  This year is seems like it really snuck up on me.  December 14-17 my mom, sister and I headed to New York.  Aside from the horrible tragedy that occured in CT on the 14th that put a huge shadow over our trip, we managed to have a good time.  We saw an off-Broadway show that was pretty good, we went (almost) to the top of the Empire State Building, we went to Times Square and Kyle stalked us from the couch at home.  Pretty funny. We walked and walked and walked some more. We did the whole carriage ride through Central Park thing. I'm pretty sure we took almost every mode of transportation that we could while there, minus the subway.   We did so much for the short amount of time we were there.  I need to go back and see more and do more but it was a fun time with my mom and sister and it created memories to last a lifetime.

Before we left for New York, I was starting to get sick and I got worse while there. The day we left New York I had almost no voice and it continued to go away.  It was interesting at work trying to have conversations.  I squeaked a lot. Also while I was gone, Kyle began to get sick and then he got better and then the week before last he had the flu, minus the puking. He looked like he was on his death bed, my poor hubby.  His temp got up to 104, that I know of, possibly higher. :(  Thankfully he's better now, except for a cough that won't go away.

So back to Christmas.  A couple days before, we had my dad's side of the family at my dad's.  It was a very condensed version of our family this year.  Everyone is so spread out and just not around like they used to be.  It was also the first Christmas without my grandma.  We had a good time reminincing about her though. 

Then on Christmas Eve I got to see one of my best friends that was visiting from California.  After that, we went to my dad's to spend the afternoon with him, with my sister and her little fam.  Then we rushed home to get ready for the whole family Christmas with my inlaws.  This year we had Baby Grace to help us celebrate so that was fun.  She brings a whole new dimention to the family that is really special. 

On Christmas day we went to my mom's house and spent the morning and afternoon there until she had some of her single friends come over to have a Christmas celebration with her.  We went home and just relaxed after going, going, going for the past few days.

The last weekend of December, my work moved offices.  We upgraded to a 'real' office.  It's fabulous.  But it was pretty chaotic and we had to go in and unpack and arrange things and all that fun stuff that a move entails.  We've settled in nicely though and are so happy in our new space!

New Year's Day, it was 18 years since Kyle asked me to be his girlfriend!  Pretty incredible.  We didn't do anything to celebrate other than me taking a picture, lol, but it's quite the milestone!  I didn't have to work so we just continued the whole relaxation thing.

Yesterday, January 19th, Kyle and I celebrated 11 years of marriage!  Kyle spent the day doing homework and then we ventured to Seattle to a restaurant that we've both been wanting to eat at for some time now.  The Crab Pot.  It was SO delish!  We had seafood coming out our ears and loved every minute of it!  We had to wait over 45 minutes to be seated so we were glad that it was worth the wait.  After that, we didn't spend too much time in Seattle because it was just too darn cold.  Instead, we drove back towards home and went and got frozen yogurt.  Makes perfect sense for a 30 degree night, right? LOL  While we were eating our fro-yo we talked about babies and what we were going to do about "having" one.  I think I may need to write a post about that soon, it's been far too long since I've talked about our fertility or lack-there-of.

Anywho, I know this is just kind of an update post again and I wish I had more time to write regular posts.  I'm going to try to be better about it.  My 'excuse' is that I don't have very good access to a good computer to post from so I just kind of neglect this poor ole bloggy blog blog.  I will attempt to be better though because I DO have things to post about.  Who knows if anyone even reads this thing any more anyway. LOL  If you do, I'd love to hear from you!

I think this is going to be a post with no pictures.  Sad!  Maybe I'll add a couple when I can get to a computer that doesn't have such a lag and will allow me to do so without much effort.  In the meantime, I post tons of pictures on Instagram so follow me there if you want to see pics: intagram.com/mrsmeganc

Till next time...

12 comments :

Brianna Williams said...

You don't know me BUT I'm here reading! 11 years! Congrats!

Megan said...

Elizabeth commented on Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! - http://meganswishingwell.blogspot.com/:

I still read!

I am interested in what you are deciding as far as fertility goes. I've been thinking about you and wondering where you guys are at on your fertility journey.

I did hear about a free IVF clinical trial that might be interesting: www.ivfclinicaltrial.com you have to travel to NY for the egg retrieval and transfer though, but I heard that you can do monitoring locally. It supposedly ends in the next couple of months however.

Keep us posted!

Elizabeth- met you through SIF way-back-when!

*****
Sorry your comment got deleted Elizabeth. I have no idea why it does that. So frustrating! But thank you, thank you, thank you for telling me about the trial. I applied so I guess now I'll just have to wait to hear from them. :)

Megan said...

Thank you Brianna! So glad to "meet" another reader! :)

Amanda said...

So glad to hear that you guys are still doing well.
I had actually googled your page a few times thinking that maybe my reader had dropped you.

Best of luck!

Lindsey said...

I'm still reading as well!!! And still infertile as well too! :) I haven't been blogging as often either but have thought about you and hope you are having peace in your journey as well. Congratulations on your 11 years!! We celebrate 10 this year and I thought that was a long time! :) We finally made it to Seattle back in October and had a great time too but still love our Portland home! Praying for you and your busy schedules and your heart for a baby. Take care!

Endo_Life said...

I was just wondering about you in the last few days. I am mid ICSI cylce and have EC on Thursday. I always think of my blog buddies and how things are going. I look forward to your update.

Kelly Watson said...

I'm still reading... and still infertile. Glad to hear that you have a fun time in NYC!

Megan said...

Amanda, how sad is that? LOL I'm such a slacking blogger. Promise, gonna try to do better!

Thank you Lindsey! So sweet! Hope you enjoyed your time in Seattle. :) Prayers you get your miracle one day soon, too!

Endo_life, thinking of your during this exciting time! Praying you get a bundle of joy at the end! <3

Kelly, thanks for reading! Sorry to hear you're still struggling too.

I appreciate you all letting me know you're still reading. I often wonder it's even worth blogging any more but I just can't let it go. :)

2sthecharm said...

I'm reaaaading!! Don't stop blogging, I really enjoy following your story.

Linda said...

Well hello Megan! Happy Anniversary! I am glad that you posted today. (:>) Sounds like you two had nice Holidays...and a lovely dinner out for your anniversary celebration)

So glad you like your job...and your new office....and your boss. That's a blessing.

I had wondered how you were doing. Glad everything is ok.

Saying a little prayer for you today!

Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Brittney said...

SO great to see you a new post from you!!! First of all, Happy Happy 11 year wedding anniversary! That is such a huge milestone. I am also glad to hear you had wonderful holidays (aside from being sick - that's no fun:p) And New York sounds like a blast! Would love to see some pics from your trip!

Brittney said...

Oh and P.S. I DEFINITELY still read!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails