So, once again, I've sort of disappeared. Not intentionally. Life, work, life, work, is just busy and exhausting these days.
Here are some bullet points of what's been going on since I last updated.
- Still loving my job. My boss is just so encouraging and definitely knows how to make a person feel good about themselves! I do things that I don't think of as all that important but she just gushes over me, while I sit there completely embarrassed, thanking her. I'm almost done with my "trial period" and that will be nice because then I'll be making more money. That never hurts. ;0)
- Kyle is still doing amazing in school! He kept up a 4.0 during the summer quarter where he did Chemistry Bootcamp. He had a month off where he was able to do some side work and make some money. That was nice since he's pretty much otherwise unemployed and a full-time student. He's now back in school and taking some design classes and calculus classes. We'll see if he can maintain that 4.0. I know he's at least trying to.
- I had my 33rd birthday. My dad came to my work a couple days before and surprised me. We went out to lunch and that was fun. My co-workers and boss brought in gluten-free cupcakes for me the day before my birthday, because my actual birthday was too predictable. lol They gave me such nice cards, too. My actual birthday was fairly uneventful. The weekend after my birthday we went out to dinner with the inlaws. My brother-in-law and I share a birthday so we always celebrate together. My mom is taking my sister and me to New York in December for our birthdays/Christmas so we didn't do anything FOR my birthday. Works for me. I'm super excited to go to New York, especially during the Christmas season!
- Finally, I got my hair chopped off! It had been over a year since I'd had my hair cut or colored. I feel so much better about myself now. My self-confidence was going down the crapper the longer my hair got. There were other things contributing to that feeling but that was a big one!
- One of my cousins got married last weekend in Eastern WA so Kyle and I were able to take a little road trip/overnight trip. It was the perfect weather and we had a lot of fun, even though it was a long way to drive for such a short period of time (5 hours each way). My other cousin, the sister of the one that got married and the author of this blog, had driven from Arizona with her brand new twins. They're currently fostering them but trying to adopt them. They were/are so precious! I got to snag the girl for a little while at the wedding. First time I've held a newborn in AGES. And I didn't cry. I WANTED to hold her/them. It was amazing!
- My little, whittle baby sister turned 30 on Thursday! How is that possible? It wasn't that long ago that she was just so adorable and squishy! I sent her flowers and balloons. I thought it was only right since she is now 30.
- Next weekend is my sister-in-laws baby shower. I went shopping for it today. I spent way too much money. While I'm partially dreading it (babies and a couple of pregnant ladies will be there), I'm also looking forward to celebrating my niece-to-be, who remains nameless to everyone but the mommy and daddy. It's driving us nuts!
- It's almost Halloween. How is that even possible? This year has FLOWN by! Anyone else with me?
- Today I went shopping at Target and I got many things but one of the things I got was fabric softner. I was driving home and I thought that it suddenly smelled really good. At the stoplight I looked in my backseat and I saw liquid running alongside the doors. Some way, some how the top of the fabric softner got punctured and POURED out. Most of it is now gone. So, my car smells fabulous, but now I have almost no fabric softner. :0/ Awesome.
- I've been really horrible about keeping up with the Photo-A-Day projects. I get a couple days in and then it fizzles off. I work weird hours where I spend the majority of my days inside and I guess I feel like I don't see enough interesting things to take pictures. I really need to be better about it because I do like the challenges.
- I have pictures of other things but I'm feeling too lazy to add them right now. So maybe I'll do a picture dump soon.
That's me in a nutshell, I guess. Sorry I'm not around much. I would say that I'm going to do better but I really don't know if I will. So, until next time I'm banished to the basement, this will have to do. ;0)
(My inlaws have dinner guests right now. Chewy and I are hanging out downstairs waiting for hubby to get home.)