Major Malfunction!

If you come upon a post and wonder why there's a weird black box with an exclamation mark in it, you may want to read this post to find out what has gone wrong. Still trying to figure out how to fix it all, without having to do each post manually. Until then, the black boxes remain. I thank you for your understanding. If you know someone that can help me, PLEASE send them my way!

March 24, 2009

Totally Awkward Tuesday: Peek A Boob

I don't normally participate in this because I think I've pretty much blocked anything awkward or humiliating from my mind. But I did just remember one that is for the books.

It was right before my sophomore year in high school. My dad's side of the family had their very first family reunion at Lake Tahoe. There were many family members there that I had never met, including my dad's twin cousins and their families.

One of the days we were there, the Tahoe families took us all out on a boat around the lake.

So, here we were out on the lake. It's hot. We're feeling adventurous. Most of us kids decided to jump off the boat and swim to shore since we weren't that far. Once we got there, we just sat among some large rocks in the shallow water.

Wet rocks are slippery.

While moving around I somehow slipped and when I sat up, my sister was totally shocked and laughed at me.

Did I mention I was wearing a bikini?

Did I mention there were about four or five tween boys there, along with my sister and another girl cousin?

Yes, there were.

And guess what I saw when I looked down?

My BOOB!

When I fell, my top had slipped out of place. So when I sat up, my boob was starring them all in the face.

MORTIFIED.

I don't know who was more embarrassed. Them. Or me.

Lots of snickering ensued.

If that wasn't bad enough, quite a few years later, some of the Tahoe family came to WA for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. One of the tween boys wasn't a tween any longer but now about 21'ish. He didn't want to hang out with the "mature" crowd for the evening, after the celebration was over. So my sister, her BF (at the time, now her husband), Kyle and I decided to take him to a club in Seattle. Of course, my sister had to bring up the swim suit incident to him and he remembered it very clearly. Thanks Dawn! Mortified again!

Head on over to Tova's place and read many more Totally Awkward Moments!

33 comments :

Sassy Britches said...

Peek A Boob! Ahahaa! Love it. And sooooo mortifying; you poor thing! Especially to have it brought up again all those years later. Sheesh!

Anne said...

Ack! I have to admit, I laughed, but that must have been sooo embarrassing!

Lora said...

Ohhh, that is totally awkward and embarrassing. Eek!

Rebecca Jo said...

Dont you love when someone brings it ALL back up & reminds you of it... when you of course, spends YEARS trying to tuck it away! :-)

Oh, those are the fun moments that make up life! Funny story!

Kerri said...

Oh my gosh, tht reminds me of a similar time, but I can't remember all of the details. How embarrassing for you!

The Eadle Family said...

HAHAHA! If it happened to me though, I wouldn't be laughing! That is why bikinis are evil things. lol.

Heather said...

How mortifying!

Connie Weiss said...

LOL! I hate those kinds of stories that follow you your entire life!

Have a great week!

Melissa said...

Maybe you should take that as a compliment that he remembered your boob all this time..lol!!

I'm pretty sure I would have died on the spot, too! :)

Tabitha in Bliss said...

I know it was embarrassing, but it was also very funny and I wasn't even there. :)

Juls said...

That's great! I mean, not great...totally embarassing..but I loved when you said, "staring them in the face..." I laughed so hard.

LegalMist said...

oh, poor you! but how totally funny.... :)

Snarky A. said...

Oh how freaking awkward! Of course he remembered... :)

Sarah said...

Poor you - but funny!

It's one of those things you'd love to live down, but know that's just NOT going to happen.

;)

EmmaP said...

hahaha! i had a moment like that. except i was 14 and it was a PUBLIC POOL and i was a C Cup... nice... scarred for life.

jineen said...

oh my gosh, i am laughing my a** off! (with you not at you...) Hope you are having a better week than that now!

The Chocoholic said...

Hi there!
Stopping by via SITS to read your post.
Have a great day!

Carebear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carebear said...

Hahaha! That is hilarious, though I feel for your tween self in that moment. So awkward! BTW, am I losing it or did you change your blog design recently? I really like it!

The Blonde Duck said...

I went cliff jumping once and my entire top came off. I had to swim about ten feet to get it. :)

Michaela said...

OMG!!! I'm embarrassed for you just reading that story!

Brenda Jean said...

Well, that's just poopy that she brought it up. Tell her she broke the sister code (I wish there was one!) I can't even imagine how dang embarrassed you were. I was so shy at that age-- I would have just died.

Grand Pooba said...

Hahaha! That's a classic!

pam said...

I think that has happened to each of us at one time or another.

You poor thing, some things you just never forget.

Whitney said...

I can't even imagine. I think I would have cried. . .

Ashley said...

That must have been so embarrassing!

I totally block out all things mortifying too... its easier that way :)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Peek a boob that just cracked me up! I love it! What a funny story, ok I know at the time you hate it but sitting here it just what I needed.

Ok living on the lake we would go tubing and skiing along one time in my 2 piece I flew off the tube and lost my bottoms, bad part couldn't find them. LOL Yup see now you're laughing at me ... LOL

Bee and Rose said...

I love your title! hahaha!

That is completely mortifying but hilarious too! I would have been totally embarrassed too, but look at what a funny blog post you have!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

'Peek a Boob'...hilarious title! Don't you just love those embarrassing stories that never go away? Thanks for sharing, though, the laugh (with you now, of course) is appreciated! ;)

Amanda K said...

A Boob!! Okay... I am cracking up! Thanks for sharing it must have been so embarrassing... I don't know what is worse... having your boob fall out or having your boy cousins/family see it! EEK!!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

The title is so perfect I don't think there's one more fitting. Peek-a-boob!

That's such an awful age anyway, I can't imagine having that happen. Totally awkward, Megan.

Organic Meatbag said...

I had a similar "guy" incident with a pair of shorts in a McDonalds drive-thru many, many years ago... but I won't go into details...hahaha!

Rachel said...

Oh no way!!! I would have just hid for years in embarrassment :) And my sister would have gotten a beat down for bringing that up again.

Why does this totally sound like something that would happen to me??? hee hee!

Sorry - but thanks for sharing it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails